Friday, October 12, 2012

From sassy to oldie

For some strange reason, I was feeling the pull to find cute & funky cowgirl boots. I searched through online stores and was hesitant to purchase any because 1) they are expensive, 2) I can't try them on, and 3) I'd have to buy them new... which isn't really my style considering my business is using old materials and giving them new life. So what's a girl to do? CRAIGSLIST of course!!!

I searched and searched and saw a pair that were different, though I wasn't sure if they were really "me." They weren't located close to home either, and remember... Lulu = lazy when it comes to travel. I contacted the seller and asked about trying the boots on, and what do you know? She works in my town! She would bring the boots to me! Yahoooo!!!! It's as if they were meant to be. So... I tried them on, they were comfy, and I bought them! Plus, they're vintage! SCORE.

Ooh la la. So sassy.

There's nothing that can sap that sassiness out of you quicker than being reminded that your body is aging. I was unlucky enough to sprain my ankle playing in a volleyball tournament earlier this year, which had me out of commission for quite some time. I NEVER want to experience that again, so I purchased Active Ankles to wear when playing vball from now on. I used them for the first time this past week and... well... I honestly felt like a robot with stiff parts. 

Go go gadget ankles.

ZAP! There went my coolness. BUT, at least I'll be an ambulatory uncool mama. 

1 comment: